Formatting an ebook or print-on-demand paperback to look professional can be one of the most difficult parts of being an indie author, and creating the right look can be a huge hassle for the uninitiated. That’s why I would like to help you make your book’s interior look as lovely as your words deserve. With over fifteen years of experience in print and graphic design, I can make your book’s formatting both pretty and painless!
Below, you can see examples of some of the paperback books I’ve already formatted, as an idea of what kind of services I offer. Package pricing is as follows:
- $50 for books up to 40,000 words in length
- $65 for books over 40,000 words
Basic formatting packages include header and footer, page number, and drop-caps or other first-line-of-chapter flourishes.
A la carte extras:
- $10 extra for custom graphics on chapter headings or scene dividers (see example below)
- $15 extra for full-page “part” dividers (see Fourth World example below)
- $15-$20 extra for page artwork (see Chameleon Moon example below)
- $5 extra for special formatting (for scenes that include e-mails, text messages, etc.)
- $10 extra for basic ebook formatting
- $20 extra for full ebook formatting (includes graphic treatment to match paperback!)
All ebook packages include a linked table of contents and page breaks for new chapters, and are verified as valid by the IDPF. Files are sent in .mobi and .epub format for easy eARC distribution, and are compatible with Amazon, Draft2Digital, Pronoun, Nook Press, iBooks, Google Play and Kobo. Please note that I do not format books for Smashwords. Pricing is as follows:
- $35 for basic ebook formatting
- $45 for full ebook formatting with custom chapter headings and scene dividers
I am happy to match your cover’s design as much as possible in regards to font choices and other stylistic elements, regardless of whether you’ve had your cover done by Key of Heart. If you have a cover you’d like me to match, be sure to mention that in the comments on your query form!
What To Expect
After you submit your query form, I’ll get back to you within a day or two to follow up. We can discuss what kind of look you want (font choices, headers/page numbers and more) and iron out all the details. I typically send a one-to-two chapter sample of your formatting ahead of time so we can get the design ironed out from there. When you’re satisfied with the look, I’ll format the entire book and have it back to you within two weeks as a PDF formatted for your print-on-demand publisher!
All invoices will be sent to you via PayPal unless other arrangements are made in advance. I reserve the right to request a deposit after approval of the sample design.
* Note: Due to increasing demand, I now request that interested authors please schedule your formatting job no less than two weeks in advance of your deadline. For more information, see my Terms of Service.
Ready to Get Started?
Note: By scheduling a formatting job, you agree to my Terms of Service. 🙂